Danger! High Voltage!

Just when we were about to go to bed, an army of firemen, firetrucks, cameras, and some sort of hazmobile park themselves in front of the smiley house.*

The neighbours had a gas leak, with the power earthed through the gas pipe. Apparently there was sparking, gas smells, and their house about to go kaboom. Still, I can go back to bed, and sleep soundly as order has been restored by turning off the neighbour’s electricity.

Hm, we really should get our house insurance sorted out.


*The house is smiling, because we are at step 23/67 of restoring a double-hung sash window, and the hardboard will be replaced with actual glass any week now.

This entry was posted in Domestic Excitment, house. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Danger! High Voltage!

  1. Ian says:

    Oh is THAT what it was all about. Cheers.

  2. michelle says:

    Hm, intriguing…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.