verb: (used with object), -tised, -tising.
- Activities conducted for the purpose of maintaining ones sanity. For example, taking a weekend off from prolonged plastering on a do-up villa in Eden Terrace.
- To clear the mind of work by eliminating any restorative rimu and lead paint dust from the lungs and engaging in more wholesome outdoor undertakings. Example of use: I recommend climbing Mt Ruapehu as a good sanitising activity.
— Related forms:
Date: circa 2008
Our current 2008 to-do list is pretty huge, covering most of our white-board, but there is a small corner reserved for more sanitising items and includes:2008 Sanitising Todos
- Multi-day Waitakere tramp, possibly incorporating top secret activities (3
- Rugged Northland tramp (weekend)
- Bridge to Nowhere and the Mangapurua Valley (3 – 5 days)
- Mt Edgecumbe and other local BOP sights (2 – 3 days)
- Cape Reigna Coastal Walk (5 days)
- Waikaremoana (5 days)
- Northern Circuit (4 days)
- Mt Taranaki
- Herekino Forest (weekend)
- Hokianga Coastal Track (weekend)